Dayton Chronicle - Your Hometown News Source

House fire in Starbuck

 

April 22, 2021

-Chronicle photo

A witness suspects an electrical malfunction was the cause of a residential fire that gutted this Starbuck house. Firefighters from Districts 1 and 3 attack flames in the attic of the residence at 104 W. Main in Starbuck.

STARBUCK–A residential fire, suspected to be started by an electrical malfunction, gutted 104 W. Main here Wednesday night.

Columbia County Fire District No. 1 units responded and called for mutual aid from District 3 at about 9 p.m.

The house was occupied by a renter, Phillip Clayburn, who is working on the natural gas facility nearby.

Clayburn said he had retired for the night and had a box fan running in the bedroom. It stopped and then he heard popping and an electrical buzzing sound.

Getting up to investigate, Clayburn discovered smoke beginning to accumulate in the living room. He also noticed an orange glow outside the house.

He quickly dressed and grabbed his clothing off the closet rod, exiting to find neighbors had also been alerted to the sounds.

 
 

Our Family of Publications Includes:

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2020